Thread: "Sort By:" at bottom of page

Ron Critchfield Guest

"Sort By:" at bottom of page

First of all I want to thank everyone who has been answering all of my questions. Especially Mark.

When I click on a hot column to sort, I get something like this at the bottom of the screen.
    Sort By: [lngCatalogID] [36 - 40 : 40]

My problem is the "lngCatalogID" I've already used nmap to change "lngCatalogID" to "Catalog ID #"

I'd prefer not to have the actual field names visible to the user. Anyone know how to either get rid of the "Sort By:" line or to change the field name shown?

Thanks,
    -Ron

Mark Guest

"Sort By:" at bottom of page (reply)

Ron,
    Try using AS is your SQL statement, like this:
    dbSQL = "Select lngCatalogID AS Catalog_ID_# From tablename"
    You can still do a dbNameMap if you want to change it further, but I 'think' that this technique will change the statusbar shown below the grid. Oh, forget it. Example 21b shows it won't work.

Of course, you can always set dbstatusbar=false and design your own status bar. see example 1b at http://www.aspdb.com/apps

Did you ever get the sort = Descending flag to work OK?

Mark.

------------
    Ron Critchfield at 9/20/00 3:51:33 AM

First of all I want to thank everyone who has been answering all of my questions. Especially Mark.

When I click on a hot column to sort, I get something like this at the bottom of the screen.

My problem is the "lngCatalogID" I've already used nmap to change "lngCatalogID" to "Catalog ID #"

I'd prefer not to have the actual field names visible to the user. Anyone know how to either get rid of the "Sort By:" line or to change the field name shown?

Thanks,
    -Ron

Ron Critchfield Guest

Thanks Mark,

I haven't quite gotten the descending flag to work like I want, but I know that it can be done. Finding out that there was a session variable
    Session("DIRECTION_X.dbUnit&#34 that gets set to "DESC" when descending was crucial.

------------
    Mark at 9/20/00 8:35:50 AM

Ron,
    You can still do a dbNameMap if you want to change it further, but I 'think' that this technique will change the statusbar shown below the grid. Oh, forget it. Example 21b shows it won't work.

Of course, you can always set dbstatusbar=false and design your own status bar. see example 1b at http://www.aspdb.com/apps

Mark.

------------

Thanks,
    -Ron

Ron Critchfield Guest

Weird. I tried building my own staus bar, but MyDb.dbRecordCount always = 0. The status bar is finding a count, I can't figure out why MyDb.dbRecordCount can't.

-Ron

------------

Ron,

Mark.

------------

Thanks,
    -Ron

Figured out the problem, weird Guest

Not sure why this worked, but it solved the problem. Since I only have the one database, I wasn't setting "dbUnit". I went back and set "dbUnit" and now it works. Weird.

-Ron

------------
    Mark at 9/21/00 9:39:24 AM

Ron,

It sounds like you have a bug in your code.
    Show us your code.
    See Example 1b at http://www.aspdb.com/apps

Mark.

------------
    Ron Critchfield at 9/21/00 4:45:56 AM

Weird. I tried building my own staus bar, but MyDb.dbRecordCount always = 0. The status bar is finding a count, I can't figure out why MyDb.dbRecordCount can't.

-Ron

------------

Ron,

Mark.

------------

Thanks,
    -Ron